We were recently asked, “Is Andaman Islands in India a good tourist destination?”. Well, we thought of highlighting the best things to do from the South East Corners of India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The island hosts a great number of things :
1) One of Asia’s best beach, Radhanagar Beach. White sand beach with turquoise waters attracts tourist all over the globe
2) The only swimming Elephant in Asia, Rajan. Well, he expired in 2016 actually.
3) The best of coral reefs where you can go for both advanced and beginner Scuba Diving courses.
4)Sea Walk – Under water walk at a depth of 10 meters gives you an experience of Moon walk. Well, you can just walk here with basic setup.
5) Trips to uninhabited islands. Cinque Island, Rutland Island, Inglis Island and the clusters around Havelock Island. You can go here for fishing trips or just for a ride.
6) Game Fishing around virgin islands.
7) Aboriginal Tribes such as Jarawa, Ongi, Sentenelse, Shompen, Nicobarese. Make a note that travelers are STRICTLY not allowed to interact with any of the aboriginal tribes of Andaman Islands.
8) Baratang Island Limestone Caves and Mud Volcano. This is where you may see a member from the Jarawa tribe. Be cautious not to take pictures of the tribes else you might get in trouble from the Andaman authorities.
10) India’s only active volcano, Barren Island. You can take one of the private boats such as Sea horse to this wonder.
11) Live aboard Yachts including diving – Here you can stay in a cruise for over 5-6 Days
12) Raman and Alfred Caves – Said to be still unexplored till its depth because of the complexity involved to reach down, Saddle Peak – Highest Peak in the Andaman archipelago and Ross and Smith Island- Adjoining Sand bar between 2 islands. These are hosted in the North part of Andaman Islands, Diglipur.
All these apart from the common beach side activities, which is usually available around any beach side destination. More to explore in Andaman Island packages during your trip to this exotic destination.