Water sports activities are very famous in Port Blair. Among the list of top water sports activities in Port Blair, we recommend you to do Scuba Diving, Sea Walking and Glass bottom boat ride in Port Blair. These are considered to be the best water sports in Port Blair.
The main hub for Water Sports in Port Blair is North Bay Island and Corbyns Cove Beach. Though some advanced activities are done at Chidiatapu as well. Here we will cover the major activities done at North Bay Island and Corbyns Cove beach at Port Blair
List of Water Activities in Port Blair
1) The first activity that can be done both at Andaman Water Sports Complex and at Corbyn's Cove beach is a Jet Ski ride. This activity can be done by anyone and a guide accompanies you during the ride. Its a fun activity and is less costly compared to other activities in Port Blair
2) The second famous activity that is done at both Corbyn's Cove beach and North Bay Island is called Parasailing. Parasailing is a recommended activity in Port Blair. The total duration of this activity can be up to 30 minutes. Since this is an adventure activity this tour is not allowed for children below 12 Years of age and for elders about 50 Years of age because of safety reasons.
3) The next activity that is pretty famous at Port Blair is Sea Walk - This activity can be done at Port Blair and it is an underwater activity where you get to spend around 20 minutes underwater and you get your own photo of the underwater experience. This activity is more like moonwalking and we recommend this activity. Since this is an adventure activity children below 12 Years of age and elders above 50 Years of age are not allowed for this activity.
4) Scuba Diving at Port Blair is another unique activity that we recommend to travelers on a visit to Port Blair. This activity can be done at 2 places in Port Blair one at North Bay Island and the other at Chidiatapu. Since diving experience at Chidiatapu requires more advanced skills, we mainly recommend beginners to do Scuba Diving at North Bay Island. Here you gear up with the kit and an entry formality declaring your health conditions have to be signed before the experience begins. Since, this is an adventure activity the age group for children above 12 Years and elders below 50 years are only allowed for this activity.
You get your photos and videos for your underwater experience.
5) Let's try the Semi Submarine experience at Port Blair. Since most activities are adventurous and require more skill sets many are not able to indulge in underwater experiences. Therefore, this unique Semi submarine provides a unique experience for people of all age groups to enjoy underwater marine life without getting underwater. This is the most recommended activity for kids, elders and anyone who is not comfortable getting underwater.
6) Like the advanced Semi Submarine that has a capacity of over 100 travelers, there are small fast cruise rides as well that provides an experience where you can see the underwater marine life and can even cruise at a high speed. This speed boat is called Andaman Dolphin. This is a good vessel which looks like a Dolphin and provides both good underwater marine life and fast cruising experience.
7) Want to experience the first kind of speed boat in Port Blair? This is a speed boat ride and first of its kind in India. Sea Kart is a high-speed boat that can go up to a speed of 100 knots and here you also get a chance to ride this high-speed boat by yourself. A trained guide accompanies you during the tour and photographs are also provided as complimentary.
8) Speed boat ride to North Bay Island and Ross Island from Andaman Water Sports Complex. These are ferries from Port Blair to Ross and North Bay Island. This boat ride can be available to anyone who is looking forward to visiting Ross Island and North Bay Island. No age limit applies to this boat ride.
9) Snorkeling is also available at Port Blair and is mainly done at North Bay Island. Here the price varies based upon the depth and the time you spend in the water. A guide accompanies you to show the reefs, corals and fishes during your snorkeling experience.
Note that for these water sports in Port Blair, it's fine if you do not know swimming. Swimming is not mandatory to do any of the activities in Port Blair. Make sure, you reach at a proper time to do any of these activities. Most of the activities in Port Blair are done during the day so make sure you get up early to enjoy all the water activities in Port Blair. Andaman and Nicobar Islands has a lot of different kinds of water activities. Make sure you know all the different kinds of activities in Andaman Islands and select the one that suites you perfectly.